Monday, September 13, 2010

Lady Gaga Sweeps MTV Video Music Awards (Video)

I did something I never do any more last night. I watched the annual MTV Video Music Awards (VMA's) for the first time in years. I guess I'm getting older, because I have to admit that I've never heard of half the nominees, but I'm a big fan of comedian Chelsea Handler, who hosted the show, so I decided I couldn't miss it.

Chelsea made her grand entrance by being lowered from the 60-foot high ceiling onto the stage wearing a costume designed as a tribute to Lady Gag, complete with a head-dress shaped like a house. The garage door opened to reveal the blond funny lady's face. She also released a dove from somewhere around her waste.

MTV pulled out all the stops with this show and it was well worth watching. Lady Gaga swept the awards, picking up eight Moon Man trophies, including one for Video of the Year for "Bad Romance", which was presented by Cher in her signature 80's look, a unitard, leather jacket and big hair. Not bad for 64 years old! Gaga used the awards ceremony to make a statement about DADT repeal. She was accompanied by four former service members who were booted out under the discriminatory policy.

Here's a clip of last night's highlights, via the Associated Press.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader