Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving, Roanoke!

I am especially thankful this year for all of the support that I have gotten from readers and members of the Roanoke LGBT community since I started this blog back in March. I started this as a way to express my creative side. It was easy to fall into the typical blogger trap of just sitting back and saying everything sucks. Then I realized how lame that is.

I decided that if I really wanted to have an impact, I had to get more involved in the Roanoke LGBT community, talk to people, ask questions and write about things that matter not just to me, but to all of you as well. Blogging can be a lot like putting a message in a bottle and throwing it into the ocean. You don't really know if it's going to be found or if it has any meaning to the reader.

In the last few months, I have met some really incredible and dedicated people who are also passionate about getting our community more involved and motivated to stand up for our rights. I've made some new friends and built on the friendships I already had. At those times when I felt like I was wasting my time and no one was interested in what I had to say, out of the blue, someone would send an e-mail or tell me in person, "Thank you for doing what you do."

For these and so many other reasons, I am truly thankful.

Thank you for all your support. I promise to continue working to make this blog better and to helping our community feel more connected to the larger LGBT community and to the ongoing fight for full equality.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Rev. Steve
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader