Friday, January 7, 2011

No More D-List for Kathy Griffin

Sarah Jessica Parker, Gloria Steinem, Kathy Griffin, Andy Cohen
I'm really bummed to report that one of my favorite shows, "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" will not be returning for another season.

The comic told People Magazine, "It was a really tough decision because I think of the D-List as pretty much my baby for the last six seasons and I also think it was really time to stop doing it."

Griffin added, "Reality is great, but I really didn't set out to be a reality star. So now it's time to spread my wings and show that I'm a little different than Kate Gosselin."

But fear not, the Emmy winning comic will still be seen on Bravo with four live stand-up comedy specials this year.

Super cute "Power Gay" Andy Cohen, Bravo's Executive Vice President of Original Programming Development, the brains behind the Real Housewives franchise and host of Watch What Happens, said in a statement Wednesday, "There is no better way to start off 2011 than giving Kathy Griffin an unprecedented four new stand-up comedy specials on Bravo in one year. Kathy's quick fire humor and ability to tap into pop culture make for must watch television."

Griffin promises to keep her act fresh with new material, telling People, "[I'm] trying to keep the material as up to the minute as possible," she says. "Audiences know when they come to see me live, they're going to see new stuff. [And] as long as there's a show called My Strange Addiction about a woman who only eats toilet paper ... then I have to do stand up." 

You can read the full People Magazine article here.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader