Tuesday, December 22, 2009

UK Rugby Star, Gareth Thomas: "I'm Gay."

This story has been making the rounds on the web for the last few days. I wanted to post something about it sooner, until I saw the first pic online. Then I saw the second pic.

I don't know much about sports and I know even less about rugby, except that they don't wear all the padding that US football players wear, they look hot in the shorts and every now and then they celebrate a victory by running around the playing field naked. That's good enough for me.

If a British Rugby player has the balls to come out, why can't U.S. athletes?

BBC.co.uk reports: 
Former Wales and Lions captain Gareth Thomas has broken one of the major taboos that surround sport by revealing he is gay.

The 35-year-old joins stars like basketball's John Amaechi and hurling's Donal Og Cusack who have come out. "Just because you are gay, it doesn't mean you fancy every man who walks the planet," Thomas told the Daily Mail. "I don't want to be known as a gay rugby player. I am a rugby player first and foremost. I am a man."

Read the full story here.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader