Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Letterman Takes the Low Road, Insults Transgender Appointee (video)

In an historic first for LGBT equality, President Obama appointed Amanda Simpson to be Technical Adviser at the Commerce Department. Simpson is the first openly transgendered person to be appointed by a president.

"Being the first sucks," she told ABC News.com. "I'd rather not be the first but someone has to be first, or among the first. I think I'm experienced and very well qualified to deal with anything that might show up because I've broken barriers at lots of other places and I always win people over with who I am and what I can do."
David Letterman managed to piss off the entire LGBT community last night with an insulting joke about Simpson. It wouldn't have been so bad if wasn't the same tired joke we've heard on every sit-com or lame-ass frat boy slacker movie.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader