Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mega-Church Leader Comes Out to Save Suicidal Gay Teens (video)

With all the hoopla in the last week over Halloween and the Election, you may have missed this story about the leader of a Conyers, Ga. mega-church who came out to his congregation recently. Pastor Jim Swilley told an Atlanta TV News reporter that his wife knew he was gay almost from the beginning of their relationship. The couple divorced last year. 

A choked up Swilley says in the interview, “As a father, thinking about your 16, 17 year old killing themselves. I thought somebody needed to say something." He added, “I know all the hateful stuff that’s being written about me online, whatever, To think about saving a teenager yeah, I'll risk my reputation for that.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader