Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This Day Just Keeps Getting Better!

From the Rev.'s "Holier Than Thou" Dept.

The Associated Press reports: "A Miami priest known as Father Oprah for offering relationship advice on the archdiocese's radio network is no longer broadcasting after photos surfaced that show him embracing a woman at a bar and at the beach, church officials said Tuesday.

Archdiocesan spokeswoman Mary Ross Agosta said the Rev. Albert Cutie met privately with his superior Tuesday, but it wasn't disclosed whether Cutie quit or was removed as head of the radio network and as pastor of St. Francis de Sales Roman Catholic Church in Miami Beach.

Cutie issued a statement Tuesday evening saying he remains committed to serving God.

'I ask for the forgiveness of those who may be hurt or saddened by my actions,' he said.

Agosta called Cutie a wonderful priest and said he is on a prayerful journey."

The Rev. adds: His name is actually Father Cutie! He's not bad looking either. Maybe I should offer some personal counseling as a professional courtesy before they whisk him off to rehab.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the footnote. I thought he was another "Dr. Pretty"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI: "Dr. Pretty" is my oh so gorgeous dentist. Only my bff's at work know I call him that. When he says "open wide", I don't have to be told twice.

    The Rev.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader