Friday, May 1, 2009

Viking Zombie Boyfriend

Meet Dill and Rorik. They're your typical modern American gay couple living together in their happy, nontraditional LTR.

Except that Rorik is a viking... and a zombie. (Click to embiggen.)

We don't get to see much of our own stories in the comic strip genre and artist Jeremy Rizza does a good job of illustrating the day to day trials and tribulations of his characters' lives. Rorik and Dill clearly adore each other but they also bicker about the stupid stuff, like hair in the sink, what's for dinner and which clubs to go to.

They remind you of that happy couple you know that is so much in love you want to puke, until one of them notices the other is wearing his sweater, has stretched it out of all proportion and throws a hissy fit.

In the words of creator Jeremy Rizza, "I love folklore, and I love Vikings, and I really love hairy gay dudes, so this comic strip was a no-brainer for me."

Rizza also loves drag queens who go for the waifish look so they won't have to stuff, lovable losers who can't get a date, bears and ogres.

Tired of the same-old same-old? Check out "Viking Zombie Boyfriend".

1 comment:

  1. So, I just Google-searched my strip's name (in a desparate plea for validation) and found your blog. Wow! Thanks for the shout-out! I posted about your post on my LiveJournal. And I think your blog is hilarious, smart, and all-around awesome, so I'm bookmarking it.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader