Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Batwoman Announces DC Mayoral Campaign


In the wake of Barack Obama's historic election as the first African-American U.S. president, it was inevitable. DC Comics' first out, proud, lesbian, Jewish super hero, Batwoman announced her candidacy for mayor of the District of Columbia on Monday.

(From Batwomanfordc.com)

"Today, I Batwoman, proudly announce my candidacy for mayor of Washington, DC. I do so because I believe that we are in a monumental period in the history of our nation's capital that requires a different kind of leadership. We need a real hero for real equality.

My father, my personal hero, instilled in me a commitment to community, family and service. Because of this and my love of DC, I am committed to making our city the most livable city on earth.

I have spent a majority of my adult fighting against corruption and crime as a superhero. I now look to continue my service to the people of DC by working to reduce violent crime, ensure that all residents are able to see a doctor when ill and that every person is able to marry the person they love."

For Batwoman's complete backstory (or should that be "bat-story"?) go to Wikipedia.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader