Thursday, August 27, 2009

What's the deal with these weird links?

Image representing Zemanta as depicted in Crun...Image via CrunchBase

Okay, I'm trying something new. I found some software that I thought I'd try out. It's called Zemanta and it's a tool for blogging that suggests links and graphics about your subject matter and supposedly makes your blog more searchable. It seems to be working, as traffic has been up slightly over the last few days. But that could also be due to the end of summer vacations with folks returning to their usual interweb viewing habits.

It also makes it easier for other bloggers to repost and link to your content, which is sort of how it all works in the blogosphere.

The downside is it that it puts these annoying little icons next to each link, which can be distracting. I'm still getting the hang of it, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader