Friday, July 23, 2010

Sometimes you just need a dose of Cher: "The Shoop Shoop Song" (music video)

Twenty years ago I shared a townhouse with my sister and her two eldest daughters after she left her first husband. I was totally out of my element in a house full of females.

By the end of the year we spent together, the movie "Mermaids", starring Cher, Bob Hoskins, Winona Rider and Christina Ricci came out. It resonated for me on many levels.

This music video for "The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)" always reminds me of my sister and my nieces and that crazy year in the townhouse. The girls are all grown up now and are currently visiting their paternal grandmother in Lebanon with my grandnephew (damn, I'm old). Here's wishing them a wonderful trip and a safe return.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader