Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Wave Wednesday: "Burning Down the House", by Talking Heads

Talking Heads logo on the "Remain in Ligh...Image via WikipediaI've probably posted this one before. In fact, I'm sure I have, but I was driving home from work last night and this song kept popping into my head, so I thought I'd repost it for this week's New Wave Wednesday feature.

Talking Heads are the epitome of of the New Wave sound. Front man David Byrne was all about using the performance to convey an over all musical experience. While the words may sound random and obscure, when set to music and put together with the right staging, the total effect is performance art at it's best.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader