Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Rev. Scheduled to Speak at Roanoke's Stonewall Rally

That's right gays and gals! I got a call yesterday from Roanoke Equality founder Frank House, who asked if I would like to speak at this year's Stonewall Rememberance Rally. Not being one who shies away from the spotlight, I graciously accepted.

The only problem is, I'm limited to 5 minutes. I've promised Frank to stay within the allotted time frame, but once I get started, it's anyone's guess how it's gonna end. They may have to yank me off with a hook, like Showtime at the Apollo!

The Rally is scheduled for Saturday, June 25, 11:00am - 12:00pm, to mark the 42nd anniversary of the Stonewall Riots. Just to be clear, this is not a Pride event. Roanoke Pride in the Park is scheduled for September 18th. Go here for details.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steve...5-10 mins is the time frame allotted/speaker. Realize not much time..If you take 10-12 mins that's fine...lol. Glad you can be there to share a bit of activism with us. Frank

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader