Monday, March 15, 2010

RIP Peter Graves (video)

I'm so sad that we've lost one of my favorite actors over the weekend. Peter Graves died yesterday at his home at the age of 83. Graves' career spanned 5 decades from the Hollywood B movies of the 50's,  to TV's "Mission Impossible" in the 60's, to narrating the Biography series on the Biography Channel.

My favorite all time Peter Graves role was in the 1980 movie "Airplane", which spoofed the "Airport" disaster movie series of the 70's. Graves had misgivings about taking the on the over the top comedy roll, but signed on after he heard that Leslie Nielsen and Lloyd Bridges had signed on.

Here's the original trailer for one the best comedies ever. "I am serious; and don't call me Shirley."

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader