Your Voice Matters where they are asking members of the LGBT community for our opinion of the DNC. I say we let them have it, right in the face!
The format is very simple, a space for comments and spaces for your contact information. The DNC promises to deliver all of the comments to DNC Chairman and former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine. There are a few things I'd like to share with him about his lack of action on LGBT rights during his four-years in Richmond as well.
Here are some of the things I'm going to share with the do-nothing Dems:
1. LGBT Americans are tired of supporting candidates that pay lip service to our community during election campaigns, then throw us under the bus to save their own careers once they are in office.
2. We insist on a moratorium on discharges under Don't Ask, Don't Tell until full repeal is achieved. We insist on a time table for full repeal. We insist on a legally binding non-discrimination policy for military service to protect LGBT service members in the future.
3. We insist that congress pass the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) this year with full protection for the trans members of our community. We will not allow Democrats to strip protection from employment discrimination on the basis of gender expression or identity from ENDA in order to save their own jobs this November.
4. We call on Democrats to begin the process of repealing the unconstitutional Defense of Marriage Act and to work for full legal recognition of our relationships and families.
5. We put the Democrats on notice that failure to follow through on their commitment to LGBT Americans, who have supported them for over four decades, will result in the loss of our support with our votes and our checkbooks.
Click here to go to the site and share your opinion.
AARP Pride Information and Resources for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender People, Families and Allies - AARP