Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Wave Wednesday: "Don't You Want Me?" by Human League (music video)

The Human League (Mk2) 1981, from left Cathera...Image via WikipediaThis week the Way Back Machine takes us to 1981, when androgyny and gender-benders ruled. My friends and I were still reeling from the untimely death of Disco and looking for something to dance to at our favorite DC dance club The Lost and Found.

Some of the members of my little circle of friends were really into New Wave and would blast it almost non-stop in the townhouse they shared on Massachusetts Ave, SE. Every time I hear "Don't You Want Me?" by Human League, I remember those days and the friends who helped me through some rough times.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader