Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oopsie! New Wave Wednesday is not the same as Taco Tuesday. "Human Behavior", by Bjork

Perhaps an explanation is due here. I woke up this morning thinking about what to post and realized that due to a Tylanol PM-induced brain fart, I did a New Wave Wednesday post on Tuesday. I hope I haven't disrupted the flow of the universe. I've been dealing with back pain the last couple of weeks and waking up after a dose of the over-the-counter miracle drug helps me sleep.

It's nothing serious, just the usual sciatica that creeps up every now and then. I do my stretching and use my heating pad and eventually it passes.

So without further ado, let me get back on track with a selection from Icelandic singer/songwriter/performance artist Bjork, who set tongues wagging back 2000 when she attended the Oscars in a swan dress. She was nominated for best supporting actress that year for her role in Dancer in the Dark. The singer has also received 13 Grammy nominations and a Golden Globe nomination.

Bjork places #36 on VH1's "The 100 Greatest Woman in Rock and Roll" and  #8 on MTV's "22 Greatest Voices in Music".

Released in June, 1993, Human Behavior  falls outside the usual late 70's-early 80's time line of the New Wave genre, but it captures the look and feel of that sound so well, that I've wanted to include it for a while. I think that after listening to and watching this video, you'll have a better understanding about the notorious swan dress.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader