Thursday, December 23, 2010

Have Yourself A New Wave Little Christmas: "Christmas Wrapping", by The Waitresses

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I didn't know this song was done by The Waitresses. It kind of sounded like Blondie. No wonder I couldn't find it yesterday. So here we go folks, "Christmas Wrapping" from The Waitresses. I couldn't find a video of the band performing this song, but the audio on this one is pretty good and the cheesy light display sets it off in a festive way.

If you're "of a certain age", you'll remember the The Waitresses did the theme song from the short lived 1979 sitcom "Square Pegs", starring the gawky, nerdy, teen-aged Sarah Jessica Parker as a gawky, nerdy teenager trying to fit in with the popular kids. I think it's safe to say she finally made it over the hump.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader