Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What is the Top LGBT Story of 2010?

Rainbow flag flapping in the wind with blue sk...Image via WikipediaOkay, boys and girls, it's time to come out with the annual list. You know what I mean. Every New Year's all the cable news outlets (and Fox) release their list of the top stories of the year. Then they spend a week discussing it until you want to vomit, but they always ignore our stories. This is one year that LGBT Americans will not be ignored. We've made some serious progress, despite our setbacks.

I have my own ideas of what the top LGBT stories of the year are, but I want to hear from you. What do you think the biggest story of the year year was? DADT Repeal? Prop 8 being ruled unconstitutional?, Marriage Equality in DC? GetEqual and Grass Roots Activism? The overturning of Florida's ban on adoption by gays and lesbians? The increased attention to LGBT youth suicide?

Or was it our lack of progress and the setbacks we suffered?

Let me know what you think. I'll be putting together my list of the Top Five LGBT News Stories 2010 in the next few days, but I want your input. Leave a comment or drop me and e-mail at rev.stevescyberpulpit@yahoo.com .
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader