Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cher Shows Up to Cheer on Chaz at DWTS (Video)

Looking incredibly lifelike, pop diva and Medicare recipient, Cher showed up in the studio audience on last night's Dancing With the Stars in a show of support for her son Chaz.

To be honest, I missed the show last night. I had a meeting to attend early in the evening and by the time I got home, I had totally forgotten about it. I've never been a fan because, quite frankly, very few of the contestants in the history of the show are actual stars.

But I am a huge Cher fan, going way back to her earliest days with her dead ex-husband Sonny Bono and "I Got You Babe". I still love her music, but, honestly after all these years and all the nip-tucks, I find it increasingly difficult to look at her, especially when she's badly lit.

Also in the crowd were step-mom, former congresswoman Mary Bono Mack and assorted other family members.

Apparently last night's performance was his best so far. In my own humble opinion, Chaz isn't really much of a dancer, and I suspect that the voting viewers have supported him this far in hopes that Momma would make an appearance. Now that she has, will they continue to support Bono, or will the dancers with real talent be allowed their spotlight?

Don't get me wrong, I admire Chaz Bono. He has been a leader in the LGBT community for about twenty years and continues to break down boundaries through his work. His perseverance and determination are an inspiration to LGBT youth everywhere.


Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader