Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Material Girls Rufus Wainwright and Sean Lennon Stage Impromptu Concert at Occupy Wall St.

I can't pretend to understand the Occupy Wall St. "movement" any more that I understand the Teabaggers. They both stem from the "Americans are angry" meme and want to "take back America" from some shadowy, nefarious super-villains who somehow stole it when we weren't paying attention. By the way, we never pay attention, so who's really to blame?

And I really can't comprehend how going from loafing on the couch to loafing in the park constitutes a political movement, but what do I know? I'm just trying to get some legal recognition of my God-given right to marry the man I love.

Maybe we're doing it all wrong. Instead of all the blogging, lobbying, organizing, letter writing, petitioning, registering voters and marching through the streets of DC, we should just plop our lazy asses in a makeshift tent city somewhere and whine about how hard life is for a few months. Apparently that's what passes for political activism in a post-slacker society.

Anyway, after several weeks of this bullshit, I still don't know what the occupiers hope to accomplish, and you know what? I really don't care. Because when the wealthy spawn of wealthy celebrities start showing up and pretending that they feel your pain and you swallow it hook, line and sinker, it only proves to me what a fucking idiot you really are.

So, without further ado, here is Sean "I got Beatle money!" Lennon and Rufus Wainwright pretending to give a shit in New York's Zuccotti Park, doing their version of the Madonna classic "Material Girl".


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader