Thursday, February 10, 2011

Anti-Gay Congressman Chris Lee Resigns Over Shirtless Craig's List Pic

This is another one of those stories that hits in the morning and is over by the end of the day, thanks to the power of the internet. Conservative NY Congressman Chris Lee, who voted against repealing DADT last year, called it quits on his political career after Gawker posted the contents his chat session with a 34-year-old woman who was not his wife.

According to the Gawker story, the 46-year-old congressman told the woman he was 39, a lobbyist and single. Then the dumb-ass sent her a shirtless pic of himself. His big mistake was using his real name.

I have to admit he looks good. That's probably a major clue that his wife missed. A man who's happy at home doesn't care what shape he's in and neither does his spouse.

The woman in question proved that she was no dummy. She did some checking on line and discovered who Lee really was and contacted Gawker, sending them the entire transcript of the chat session along with the sexy pic. Read the full story here.

By today's standards, the conversation was pretty tame, but Lee did admit to having met up with another women within the previous week.

Thanks to the power of social media and the 24/7 news cycle, the story spread like wildfire. By 6pm Wednesday the randy congressman had submitted his resignation, which was read on the House floor:
“It has been a tremendous honor to serve the people of Western New York. I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents. I deeply and sincerely apologize to them all. I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness. The challenges we face in Western New York and across the country are too serious for me to allow this distraction to continue, and so I am announcing that I have resigned my seat in Congress effective immediately.” 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader