Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day! "Who's Gonna Be My Valentine?", by Georgie Jessup, (Music Video)

I'm reposting this amazing music video from my good friend, singer/songwriter, Georgie Jessup, who rocked the 2nd Annual Rally for GLBT Equality in Roanoke's Elmwood Park last summer.

Georgie returned to the Star City for a live performance at The Backstreet Cafe over the Thanksgiving weekend where I first heard "Who's Gonna Be My Valentine?". It's sad and sweet and hopeful and just a beautiful song.

This amazing Native American, transgender performer is from the Baltimore area, but has developed a cult following in the Roanoke area. She's also performed in Floyd and hopes to get on the bill at FloydFest. Georgie is considering a move to southwestern Virginia. That would be awesome!

I loved this song the moment I heard it. I'm sure you will too.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader