Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Exclusive: New music from Georgie Jessup, "Who's Gonna Be My Valentine?" (Music Video)


My good friend, singer/songwriter Georgie Jessup has released a new music video for her latest song, "Who's Gonna Be My Valentine?" Georgie performed this song live at The Backstreet Cafe in Roanoke, when she appeared there over the Thanksgiving weekend.

This song gave me chills when I first heard it. The video, produced by Bonnie Schupp, features a photo montage of a variety of couples (straight and gay) and individuals, depicting the many different kinds of love that are part of the human experience.

As I wrote to Georgie this morning, it is rare that I am so moved by a song. It speaks to me on so many levels. It's sweet and sad and expresses the fear deep in each of us that we may never find the person that we're meant to be with. The images in the video compliment the music so well, that we can be both grateful for the love we have in our lives and know in our hearts that there is someone for everyone.

Georgie says of the song, "I think the song speaks on so many levels. I love the line 'who's gonna watch my beauty shine...' because it gives you the image of a strong individual not some whining helpless person. And I think the last verse speaks to not settling for just anyone....waiting for your one true love. I don't think I've heard any Valentine song that states so many feelings all at once or that speaks to the loneliness people can feel on that day if no one is in their life. So its loneliness, being strong, being open to love but not just love for companionship's sake. Something worth holding out for and being a strong enough individual to say it's 'your' loss but not in an egotistical kind of way."

Georgie is working on her next album which will include "Who's Gonna Be My Valentine?".  You can hear more of Georgie Jessup's music and order her current CD, "Woman in a Man's Suit" at her website. If you're reading this post via e-mail, you can watch this music video on YouTube.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader