Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Viking Zombie Boyfriend, by Jeremy Rizza (3-16-11)


This week finds young Paco recovering from a breakup with his first ever boyfriend.

Reminder, this is not a kiddie comic. VZB is about grown up gay men, talking about grown up gay men stuff.

Jeremy writes: Paco quotes a line from a Linkin Park song in panel two, although the tune in question isn’t a love song.  I had to do some online lyric searching to find something from a band I thought Paco might like. 

My “placeholder” line before I found the Linkin Park quote was “The Eurythmics were right! Love is a stranger in an open car!” Because I’m old. But seriously, the middle passage of that song about how love fucks with your head suddenly had profound meaning for me after I broke up with my first-ever boyfriend (in a panic, because I realized we had nothing in common.)

Be sure to check out VikingZombieBoyfriend.com for past strips, character back stories and cool VZB merchandise. Keep up with the latest by liking the VZB page on Facebook. Posted with the permission of the artist.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader