Monday, August 22, 2011

Study, Quiz, Repeat. What a Day!

Spent 8+ hours with my face stuck in a computer screen learning about the insurance game. I'm finding it surprisingly interesting, but then, I don't get out much. It's gonna be two weeks of intensive training so I can pass the state insurance and Medicare exams. (Two separate exams!)

Assuming I pass both, then the training starts for the actual job I'll be doing as a customer service consultant. Why all the training and licensing, you ask? Money! Once I'm licensed to sell insurance, I can earn commission. Even if this job doesn't work out, the license is mine to take with me and I don't have to pay for any of the training or testing. It's a win-win scenario.

At first I felt like such a sell-out for choosing this career path, but then I figured, what the fuck? If the insurance companies are making all the money these days, why shouldn't I get a piece of the action?

On the home front, things are starting to take shape at the new house. We moved in some china cabinets and started to finally hang some pictures and mirrors. We brought two of the cats (Max and Snowball) down yesterday. Snowball delayed our trip down from Virginia on Sunday by running off and hiding in the woods. I don't know how, but she knew something was up. After searching inside and out for over two hours, I put some dry cat food in a plastic cup and went out into the back yard abd shook it several times. That brought her out.

Upon seeing us stuff her into her carrier, Max high-tailed it to the basement and hid from us for several minutes. They're adjusting slowly but surely to the new place, as am I.

I promise I'm gonna get bck into the swing of things with the blog posts. I'm using my mother-in-law's computer this evening. Gonna be spending a couple of hours doing some online training for the insurance exam. Also have to send a fax for my father-in-law. The only thing he knows about faxing is that it somehow involves a phone.

More later.
They REALLY don't like it yet. I'll have to post some new pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader