Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Study, Test, Repeat, Day 3

So I'm here I am once again in lovely downtown Gastonia, NC using free wi-fi to do my updates. This is getting kind of old. Gotta get the interwebs set up at the new house. Soon, soon.

So I've been offered this job with an insurance company in there call center here. In order to do it, I have to go through the insurance agent training program and pass the state test and the Medicare test to get my license. Once I have that, I can earn commissions. It better be worth it.

So, how about that earth quake yesterday? I was in training and none of us even noticed. lots of people around here did though. One old lady on the local news said, "Ah wuz jus' settin' here readin' muh Bahbel an' muh chayer started shakin' and a-shakin'! Ah thought it wuz th' end of tahms!"

People who don't believe in evolution don't evolve.

So I've got two more days of training to get done before I take my pretest on Monday. Assuming I pass it with a score of at least 80%, I then get scheduled to take the state exam, which only requires 70% for a passing grade. After that, I start training on Medicare coverage, then take a pretest, then that Exam.

After all that I start training for the actual job I've been hired to do and start actually getting paid. Did I forget to mention that I'm not getting paid for license training and testing? The trade-off is that the company pays for my training, testing and Exams fees.

I'll do what I can to keep this here blog thingy going and hopefully provide my readers with something newsworthy and/or entertaining. Please leave a comment or ask any questions in the comments section. I'll try to answer them.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader