Thursday, August 18, 2011

Updates from the field...

Greetings from lovely Gastonia, NC. I am once again on the road looking for work in my new state. There are two job fairs going on today that I'm going to check out. One is for an insurance company call center that looks promising. They're looking to hire 900 people between two facilities. The pay is good and there's commission too.

There other one is for an internet marketing company. I don't have a lot of details, but it could be pretty cool.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the direction this blog should take. I know I have to rework it a bit to fit better with the changes my life is going through. I'm thinking that simply echoing the stories that circulate on the net is kinda lame. My goal has always been to offer something unique that can't be found anywhere else. That something has typically been my own unique perspective, coupled with my smart-ass sense of humor.

Maybe it's the stress of the move and looking for work, but there isn't much in the news lately that I find interesting enough to comment about. The Republicans are still hateful assholes and the president still refuses to evolve on marriage equality.

The loony tune Teabaggers are the biggest threat to American democracy since Senator Joseph McCarthy launched his witch hunt against the commies back in the 50's and the uneducated masses eat up the "taking back America" bullshit with a spoon.

Anyway, lots to get done today. Was up way too late last night getting things organized at the new house. It's beginning to take shape. I rearranged the furniture in the living room so that it looks reasonably functional. Still need a new couch, but the TV is working.

More later.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments relevant and civil. Comments attacking other people will be deleted.

 
Subscribe in a reader